SSIWPA’s conservation and efficiency working group (CEWG) is seeking additional members.
The purpose of CEWG is to investigate and assess technologies, methods, best practices and/or policies to achieve the following, specifically on Salt Spring Island:
- Reduction in potable water use in all economic/residential sectors of the SSI economy;
- Feasible uses of alternative water sources, which may include rainwater catchment, grey water recycling, wastewater re-use, desalination, other;
- Increased efficiency of water use in areas such as agriculture, gardening, markets, food service, other;
- Feasible incentives for water use efficiency;
Identify barriers and challenges to implementation related to the regulatory
- environment (i.e. building code, health authority approvals, etc.); suggest possible solutions.
If you would like to explore how you might help, call or email our coordinator or chair, or complete the enquiry form below.
SSIWPA COORDINATOR SHANNON COWAN:
- Email email@example.com
- Phone (250) 537-4847
SSIWPA CHAIR, GEORGE GRAMS:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (250) 710-4807